Elon Musk made an important announcement in 2020 as part of the Neuralink project, which he founded in 2016, and introduced a special chip that combines the human brain and computer. Neuralink, which is implanted into the brain with thin wires made of hair, can be attached to the user with a small operation without anesthesia, while the signals in the brain are transmitted to this chip and transforms it into a signal that other electronic devices can understand and perceive.
In this way, while unactivated thoughts turn into brain signals, these signals are transferred directly to this chip attached.
One of the subjects of the Neuralink project was a pig. In the broadcast last year, the signals of the pig’s brain in which the chip was attached were transferred to the screen and these signals were followed. Afterwards, it was observed that there was no behavioral change in the pig by removing the chip from the pig.
Post-Ape human on Neuralink issues
Musk made striking statements by attending a session on the Clubhouse application and explained the final point that the Neuralink project has come. Musk claimed that the monkey could play video games thanks to the special chip attached to its skull, and pointed out that the monkey was able to use brain signals to play games.
According to Musk, he is very satisfied with his ape, and his effort is an important turning point for ‘brain technologies’.
However, Musk’s explanations are not limited to this. Stating that he will take people to Mars in 5.5 years, Musk is very ambitious in this regard. However, when we consider that the rocket named Starship could not complete a successful flight test from start to finish, 5.5 years seems to be quite close.
Is the Neuralink Project Scary?
- Since thoughts that do not act can be analyzed, the possibility of these data being passed on to third parties may be a situation such as recording every thought.
- Although there is no problem in the tests performed on pigs, there is a possibility that there may be side effects in the operation performed on the human.
- There is a possibility that the connection between the brain and the computer can be made in the opposite direction.
- Thus, remote intervention to the brain, that is, the “hacking” of the brain, can occur.
Elon Musk gave a date for “Neuralink” technology, which will connect the computer and the human brain
Elon Musk, owner of Tesla and SpaceX companies, made new statements about “Neuralink” technology on the social media platform Twitter. Musk stated that the Neuralink chip, which will establish a direct link between human and computer, could begin manned experiments later this year. Although the chip received the title of “breakthrough device” from the US Food and Drug Administration, it has not yet succeeded in obtaining permits to allow it to experiment on humans.
Elon Musk, who produces electric cars with Tesla, saves space from the monopoly of the states with SpaceX, and aims to break new ground in public transportation with Hyperloop, is undoubtedly one of the most talked about names recently.
Answering a Twitter user question on the subject, Musk said, “Neuralink is working very hard to ensure implant safety and they are in close contact with the US Food and Drug Administration. “If things go well, we can start the first human experiments later this year,” he said.
The billionaire entrepreneur who introduced Neuralink last year, the brain implant; He claimed that he could solve various neurological problems and spinal injuries, from memory loss to depression and visual impairment.
Although the chip has received the title of ‘breakthrough device’ from the US Food and Drug Administration, human trials have not yet begun.
HOW IS THE TRANSACTION DONE?
- The operation will be performed by a Neuralink surgical robot.
- He will insert the chip by removing a small section of the scalp.
- Electrodes of the chip, which are thinner than the hair, will be implanted in the brain.
- Finally, the scalp will be stitched back into place.
- There will be no need for anesthesia during the operation.
- The installation of the chip will be completed in a short time.
WHAT DOES THIS CHIP DO?
- It will be able to measure many data such as temperature and pressure.
- Tesla can be used to control the autopilot of vehicles.
- In the future, it will be possible for people to play games with brain signals.
- Those with physical disabilities will be able to control any smart prosthesis wirelessly with their thoughts.
- Many devices can be controlled with the power of thought in the future.
- It will make the lives of the mentally disabled and Alzheimer’s patients easier.
- Will be able to solve problems that may occur in spine injuries.
- Will be able to eliminate the problem of memory loss.
- It will enable visually impaired individuals to discover the real world with the support of augmented and virtual reality technologies.
- The development of artificial intelligence technology will accelerate.
Hello there! My name is Oktay from Tokensboss editors. I introduce myself as a business graduate and writer. I have been doing research on cryptocurrencies and new business lines for over 2 years.