What should you look for when buying a new laptop? Which computers can you choose according to your budget and the area you will use? We tried to answer these questions in this article.
Notebooks, laptops, notebooks… Regardless of their name, notebook computers that follow the same logic despite their minor differences are now the computer models that many of us prefer. As technology advances, with the effect of seeing more powerful computers in smaller sizes, the taboo of “If you want power, you will buy a desktop”, which everyone used to say, began to gradually collapse.
Today, technology is advancing so fast that the hardware features of a computer we buy can be outdated in just 1 year. In such a case, of course, we would normally hesitate to buy a new computer.
What should you pay attention to when buying a laptop?
- What is a laptop, what purpose is it used for?
- What types of laptops are there?
- What should be considered when buying a laptop?
- SSD is the savior of almost all muscle problems
- The importance of the screen in notebook computers
- What should be considered when choosing a processor?
- What importance does RAM have in a laptop?
- What is the importance of the graphics card in laptops?
- What do you want your computer for?
- What should those who want to buy a gaming laptop pay attention to? What are the pros and cons?
- What should those who want to buy a laptop for work pay attention to? What are the pros and cons?
- What should those who want to buy a laptop for daily use pay attention to? What are the pros and cons?
Laptop; They are devices that allow access to the power of the computer anywhere by collecting the screen, keyboard, touchpad and all hardware parts in a single portable case and adding batteries to power them. At this point, the first thing we need to know is that we have to admit that every laptop is produced for different purposes. If you go and tell me not to weigh it down, let the battery go for 10 hours, but play all games in ultra settings, you will probably not find such a computer, even if you find it, you will have to pay a fortune.
For this reason, when you decide to buy a laptop, you need to decide what you need and move forward. Don’t worry anyway; Today we will explain the pros and cons of laptops by genre. You will determine the most suitable laptop model for yourself and direct your research accordingly.
What types of laptops are there?
Now that we’ve learned that there is no one type when it comes to laptops, we can move on to what types they are. Although we can detail laptops by dividing them into many branches, actually laptops are produced for 3 purposes. These are office use, gaming use, and general use.
When we get into these, there are laptops produced for various purposes according to screen quality, size, hardware power, weight, thinness and charging time. Now let’s talk about what to consider when buying a laptop. After that, we will detail the subject and look especially at the types of laptop computers.
You’ve probably saved money or been in debt for a long time, like many of us, and said, “That’s enough, my good luck, a computer I’m going to buy. At this point, you have to allocate your extremely valuable ones. Budget for a computer that has what you really need. In this subheading, it’s far more general than a computer. As I will mention the points that need attention.
SSD Importance for Laptops
First of all, the first thing to consider when buying a laptop should be what you want to do with it. Apart from that, the general situation in all of them is the importance of SSD. If a laptop does not have an SSD, that computer will tire you, you can be sure of that. Because laptops using HDDs have a 5400 RPM version of this legacy storage technology. Let’s explain what this is to those who say; “It is very tense”. If we need to describe it better, we can say that it is like entering the maintenance of 3 lanes on one part of the 4-lane road and trying to pass all the cars through one lane. Therefore, the first thing to look at when buying a computer should be whether it is an “SSD” or not. SSD is now one of the most important parts that make a computer suitable for the new generation.
The importance of the screen in notebook computers
The screen is one of the most important pieces of equipment you should look at before buying a laptop. The size of the screen, resolution values, and the technologies it offers are of great importance. For example, the 1366 x 768 pixel screen format, which is generally used on cheap computers, may cause you to be dissatisfied with the laptop. For this reason, I recommend that the computer you buy should have Full HD format, which is 1920 x 1080 pixels at worst. You should also pay attention to important details such as screen refresh rate and IPS display panel on the computer. IPS is a technology that allows us to see the screen in the same way regardless of which angle we look at. It also makes the images appear much more clearly.
What should be considered when choosing a processor?
Another thing to pay attention to when buying a new laptop is the processor. The processor can give a lot of information about the computer. Be it Intel or AMD; When buying a new computer, I suggest you turn to updated processors if possible. A processor doesn’t have to be as good as an Intel Core i7. Yes, that processor may be good for 2012, but considering the speed of today’s technological developments, the Intel Core i3 released in 2020 can provide much better and stable performance than that old flagship. Therefore, when choosing a processor, it would be more correct to look at which year it came out.
What importance does RAM have in a laptop?
Let’s take a look at the RAM capacities of our laptops these days, where even the RAM of our phones is 12 – 16 GB. To explain the operation of a RAM in a simple way, it is a piece of hardware used to fill in volatile memory everything you do on your computer. Although we explain it with an example, it can also be shown as the number of tabs you open in Google Chrome and they do not cause any problems. A computer with a good RAM capacity is vital for both gaming and internet use, of course, for any area. When buying a laptop, I recommend you to pay attention to a minimum of 8 GB RAM depending on your usage area.
What is the importance of graphics card in laptop computers?
Probably the most expensive hardware of a computer is the graphics card. There are many reasons for this, but the most important is that if you are going to perform high-performance operations on your computer, this is usually solved on the graphics card. Of course, separate brackets should be opened to the graphics card for each area. If you are using a computer for work, the graphics card that will allow you to do your work at a certain level is sufficient; In computers that will meet your needs such as gaming, visual design and video editing, you can pay attention to turning to graphics cards that are very competent.
What should those who want to buy a gaming laptop pay attention to? What are the pros and cons?
Wanted to buy a computer that will allow you to play games wherever there is electricity that you can squeeze under your arm and take anywhere? I will tell you about the advantages and of course the disadvantages of such computers. Yes, there are laptops produced by brands such as MSI, Monster, Asus for gamers. You can get performance close to desktop computers with these computers.
The things you should pay attention to here are a high-capacity SSD, a plenty of GB RAM (I recommend a minimum of 16 GB), a processor that can open the games you want without any problems (mid-level processors such as i5, Ryzen 5 may be suitable) and most importantly, in terms of performance in the games you will play. There will be a video card that will not upset you.
Pros of gaming laptops
- Ability to play games anywhere thanks to its portable structure
- Open graphic-based programs easily
- Appealing to the eyes with special lighting
Cons of gaming laptops
- They are thicker and bulkier due to their strong hardware.
- Because they are heavy, they make it more difficult to carry than other laptops
- Charge runs out faster due to the “powerful hardware takes more energy” principle
What should those who want to buy a laptop for work pay attention to? What are the pros and cons?
In the event that you need a PC for business use, there are some particular highlights you ought to consider. Obviously, you can purchase a gaming PC and use it for work, however over the long haul, issues, for example, the cumbersome design and quick release of these PCs may upset you. On the off chance that you are respectable men, “I’m solid at my specific employment, old buddy, I don’t mess around. Simply be light, agreeable, sleek.” If you are saying return to business PCs, we can limit it down to “scratch pad”.
These sorts of PCs are meager and light contrasted with different PCs, so they can be conveyed without any problem. Also, the high energy prerequisite in gaming PCs isn’t found in these PCs, the illustrations cards are totally planned explicitly for business. Along these lines, their charge can take an extremely lengthy timespan.
Particularly if your work is for the most part done on the PC and you are one of the individuals who say “let me work and have a great time, let me go on a new employee screening”, such a PC will make you glad over the long haul. Also, extra safety efforts, for example, unique finger impression perusers found in new forms of these PCs are imperative to guarantee that nobody yet you can open your PC. A portion of the present business PCs likewise have choices like tablet mode. These models with contact screens can transform into extremely helpful tablets on account of their extraordinary pivot framework.
Pros of business laptops
- They are extremely thin and lightweight, so you can easily take them wherever you want.
- It can last up to 10 hours or more on a single charge. Especially when you need to go to a restaurant and make a presentation during business meetings, you can be completely comfortable with these charging times.
- Since they are not bulky, they are extremely stylish and comfortable to use.
- Since it is difficult to use a mouse with you all the time, touchpads are very advanced. You can meet all your needs with a single computer.
- Unlike gaming computers, they work extremely quietly.
Cons of business-oriented laptops
- If you feel like playing games or running compelling graphic design programs, these computers can let you down.
- It is a bit more fragile as it has a thinner design. It is necessary to be gentle.
What should those who want to buy a laptop for daily use pay attention to? What are the pros and cons?
Daily use laptops are somewhere in the middle of business and gaming computers. These computers can be used by students who say “let me work, play at the same time” or professionals who say that there is a player within us even if we work. They’re not as powerful as a gaming PC, but they won’t let you down when it comes to gaming like a business PC. Of course, their subtleties lie somewhere between the above two types of computers. Although the batteries of these types of computers do not last as long as business computers, they offer a reasonable charging time of around 4 to 5 hours.
Pros of notebook computers for everyday use
- With these computers, you can play games that do not demand very high graphics performance, even if not every game.
- It can be used comfortably in business life as well as suitable for escaping between work.
- It can meet both school and game needs of students in particular.
Cons of everyday notebooks
- Since it does not have as much powerful hardware as gaming computers and is thinner, it may experience heating problems in situations that require performance such as gaming.
- It can also be more difficult to transport, as it is not as thin and light as business computers.